PDF LINK: Click to Download Aftercare Instruction
You must buy from your local pharmacy:
- Witch hazel
- Dr. Bronner’s Baby Unscented Pure Castile Soap or Cetaphil (At the Shoppers Drug Mart across the street from us, you can find travel size Cetaphil in Aisle 4 on the left side. And small bottles of Witch Hazel in Aisle 7 on the right side at the bottom of the very back)
What to expect:
- Immediately after your removal treatment the area will be red and feel tender.
- Over the next couple of days, scabbing will occur and last anywhere from 7-14 days depending on your skin.
- After scabbing is over, your skin may appear thin and red/brown which will subside over the next several weeks as it fully heals from the wound.
- At 6-10 weeks is when the full healing process is over. You may book for another session AFTER the redness subsides
Results and number of treatments necessary are extremely dependant on how deep and saturated the old tattoo is. Because this method of removal works by activating your skin’s natural fluids to push the pigment out to the surface, one session may make the old tattoo appear darker and brighter because we have brought it up to surface. It is important to stay committed to the process and continue with treatments to achieve desired results.
On the first day, make sure to continuously blot off any lymphatic fluids weeping from the area to avoid excess scabbing.
Follow these steps below 3 times a day:
- Wash your hands with antibacterial soap before touching the area.
- Clean the area thoroughly and gently (without rubbing off scabs) with Dr. Bronner’s Baby Unscented Pure Castile Soap.
- Apply witch hazel as an antiseptic to sanitize the area.
- Apply a sheer breathable layer of your aftercare ointment to the area.
- (For Eyebrows Removals) If you notice a lot of swelling around your eyes, you may be having a histamine reaction. Simply take some antihistamines to alleviate swelling.
- Do not suffocate the area with too much ointment! Just enough to lightly moisturize the area.
- No sauna, swimming, hot yoga, heavy sweating or anything unhygienic that could result in an infection.
- Absolutely no sun exposure to the treated area until 4 weeks after.
- NO makeup on the area during the scabbing phase!. Your skin must be able to breathe to heal quickly and properly.
- Always wash your hands before touching the area to avoid infection.
- Do not pick at your scabs. This may cause scarring and hyperpigmentation.
- For Body tattoo removals wear loose clean clothing over the area. It is important that the area can breathe to heal properly.
**Following these guidelines is extremely important for the healed results of your Cosmetic Tattoo**
Please email a selfie of your healed results to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We would love to see how our work turned out and how we can improve your treatment at your touchup!